WFP is hiring a Project Manager
Duration: 8 months (April 2021 – November 2021)
Background and purpose of the assignment
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. WFP is also the global lead agency of the Emergency Telecommunications Cluster (ETC), a global network of organizations that work together to provide shared technology services in humanitarian settings. The ETC strategy seeks to ensure that all those responding to humanitarian emergencies have access to vital information and communication technology (ICT) services.
In addition to supporting humanitarian organizations and governments, the ETC provides a set of services that help meet the information and communication needs of people affected by crisis. The ETC is currently looking to strengthen its footprint in the Sahel Region, particularly to meet the information and communication needs of vulnerable populations in Niger, Burkina Faso and Mali.
The ETC Project Manager will serve as an active member of the ETC team, in support of the ETC Sahel Project, and will be responsible for three main activities:
- Manage the implementation of the ETC Sahel Project, overseeing needs assessments and project planning, managing the budget and leading the implementation of services in Niger, Burkina Faso and Mali.
- Strengthening the ETC’s work in the area of Services for Communities, with the objective of meeting the information and communication needs of communities in the Sahel and evaluating the technologies deployed for such purposes.
- Advocacy: Ensuring adequate visibility is given to the ETC and its partners’ work in the region, as well as to the impact of the efforts undertaken to connect communities in the Sahel.
- Coordinate, monitor and evaluate the implementation of ETC Sahel project
- Oversee the work of the coordination team, based in Dakar, and the country teams based in Niger, Burkina Faso and Mali
- Manage the project budget and expenses plan
- Provide leadership to the ETC by organizing and chairing ETC meetings in order to better strategically coordinate the continuous identification of ICT problems and solutions adequate to ensure that the needs of local communities in terms of access to information and communication services are met
- Identify and mobilize resources (i.e. financial, HR, assets) for the services to be provided under the coordination of ETC
- Represent the ETC at Inter-Cluster and other related coordination meetings
- Ensure ETC activities are reflected in inter-agency documentation such as the Humanitarian Needs Overview (HNO), the Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP) and Cluster performance reports
- Continuously raise awareness of the Cluster concept with the organizations present in the country of operation and support the mainstreaming of the cluster approach
- Promote/support training of staff and local capacity building activities for local actors, including government counterparts
- Advise ETC Country Project Managers on appropriate response projects and collaboratively assess technical and financial feasibility, and risks
- Perform other duties as required.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the duties involved in this position, WFP reserves the right to add, remove or alter duties in line with the evolving needs on the ground. A ToR document will be agreed prior to commencement of additional responsibilities.
Deliverables at the end of the contract
By the end of the year, the ETC Project Manager will have:
- Coordinated the delivery of the first phase of the project (proof of concept) in up to three sites in Niger, delivering basic ICT services to communities in selected locations
- Ensured adequate financial management of the project
- Contributed to project visibility, advocacy and ensured timely reporting to donors and other stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience required
- Advanced University degree or University degree with experience and training/courses in one or more of the following disciplines: computer science, mathematics, project management or related discipline or experience
- Certification of IT Emergency Management Training, ETC Coordination course, and gear.UP/OpEx Bravo or any similar training is desirable
A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in an international context, preferably in humanitarian context
Previous experience working in developing countries and challenging environments is an advantage
Knowledge & Skills
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Windows, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and other related software
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing, transforming technical terminology into easily understood language
- Good analytical skills, resourcefulness, initiative
- Ability to plan and organise work programme; ability to work with minimum supervision under own initiative
- Tact and ability to work harmoniously with people of different national and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills ability to conceptualise issues, think in abstract terms, and analyse numerical data
- Good understanding / experience of the Humanitarian reform / the Cluster Approach
- Experience in Emergency ICT assessments and analysis, Emergency preparedness and contingency planning
- Experience in managing meetings
- Experience in managing teams
- Ability to work under pressure and on multiple tasks
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and French is required
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found
Cet article World Food Program recrute un Project Manager est apparu en premier sur Offre d’emplois et de stages au Sénégal.