UNICEF hiring Regional COVAX Logistics Specialist.
Under the supervision of the COVAX Country Support Coordinator, the incumbent will:
- Lead WCAR support to UNICEF country offices for COVAX cold chain / logistics and in-country supply chain readiness and support the implementation of COVAX supply chain related activities in WCAR as an active member of the Supply chain, logistics and vaccine forecasting working group and through national immunization logistics working groups,
- Coordinate the WCARO COVAX Supply / Cold Chain Logistics, in coordination with all relevant internal and external stakeholders,
- Ensure full buy in from all COs in the region on both Vaccine & Device Supply chain / Cold chain / In-country logistics readiness and implementation activities,
- Share regular COVAX supply & logistics activities updates to the WCARO Health/immunization and Supply management,
- Ensure that all supply chain challenges, and risks are shared with the management and adequate solution are implemented .
- Responsible for facilitating the rapid delivery of vaccine and associated supplies/equipment to WCAR countries and their deployment to vaccination centers / target groups.
- Conduct a supply chain assessment to identify the strengths and weaknesses to adequately store, deploy the vaccine and dispose the waste
- Enhance country Awareness and readiness on the COVID-19 vaccine deployment and the required supply chain & logistics interventions
- Contribute to develop an implementation & monitoring framework to guide countries on supply chain / cold chain and logistics matters and ensure close monitoring of the planning and the implementation phases
- Prepare Countries for the arrival of COVID-19 vaccines and rapid delivery to the central vaccine store/Hub
- Prepare Countries for the arrival and rapid delivery of any bundled cold-chain equipment and devices
- Support the modelling / conception of deployment strategy from central level to the periphery, identify and fulfil the supply chain gaps
- Update guidance and tools (incl. waste collection and treatment) to support the adequate implementation of the COVID-19 vaccination strategy
- Support countries to ensure a close supervision & monitoring of supply chain & logistics interventions.
- Identify and document enabling factors, challenges and lessons learnt from the vaccine deployment activities
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- An Advanced University Degree in one or more of the following areas; Supply Chain Management, Cold chain / Logistics or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in Immunization logistics and Supply Chain management in a developing country is required.
- Experience working in the UN system agency or organization is an asset. Familiarity with emergency response is an asset.
- Fluency in French and English is required.
Application deadline: 28 Feb 2021
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter ce lien: https://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/538254/regional-covax-logistics-specialist-p3-temporary-appointment-364-days-wcaro-dakarsenegal-115729
Cet article UNICEF recruits a Regional COVAX Logistics Specialist est apparu en premier sur Offre d’emplois et de stages au Sénégal.